Oscar Lee, PhD, RN
Southeastern Louisiana University
College of Nursing and Health Sciences SLU 10835
Hammond LA 70402
- Ph.D. University of Southern Mississippi Hattiesburg
- M.S.N. University of South Alabama
- B.S. University of Southern Mississippi
Licensure and Board Certifications
- Registered Nurse in Louisiana
- Registered Nurse in Louisiana Mississippi (Multi State)
- Advance Practice Nurse Adult Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Certified as a Nurse Educator by the National League of Nursing
- Associate Professor, Southeastern Louisiana University, College of Nursing and Health
Honors & Awards
- 100 Greatest Nurses, Louisiana
- Nursing Education Scholarship: Institute of Higher Learning, MS
- Nursing Teacher Scholarship: Institute of Higher Learning, MS
- Louisiana Regional Action Executive Committee
- Men's Health Caucus, Member
- The Honor Society of Nursing Sigma Theta Tau International Gamma Lambda Chapter Rho Zeta Chapter
- Men's Health Network, Member
- American Assembly for Men in Nursing, Treasure
- Southern Nursing Research SocietyMember of Health Promotion ResearchInterest Group
- National League of Nurses (NLN)
- American Association of Colleges & of Nurses
Areas of Research Interest
- Men's Health
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Mott, J. & Lee, O. Danny (2017). Navigating Unfamiliar Waters: Men In Nursing Academia. Journal of Professional Nursing, 34,(1), 42–46
-Jones, J., Lee, D., & Bayhi L. (2016). The Data-Driven Policy Analysis Framework as a Template for Healthcare Policy Analysis. Annals of Nursing Research and Practice. 1(1) 1-8.
-Lee, O. D. & Tillman, K. (2014).An Overview of Testosterone Therapy. American Journal of Men’s Health, 10(1) 68-72.
-Lee, O. D. & Tillman, K. (2014). An Overview of Testosterone Therapy. American Journal of Men’s Health Online.10(1):68-7.
-Tillman, K., Lee, O. D., & Whitty, C. (2013). Abdominal aortic aneurysm: an often asymptomatic and fatal men’s health issue. American Journal of Men’s Health. 7(2): 161-166.
- Lee, O. D. (2011). Think androgen deficiency. American Journal of Men's And Health,
5 (5): 377.
- Lee, O. D., Scharalda, J., & Porche, D (2010). Nurse practitioners as essential providers of men's health. The Journal of Nurse Practitioners, 6 (5): 18.
- Scharalda, J., Lee, O. D., & Porche, D 2010). Deterimantes of Health A Framework for Practice. The Journal of Nurse Practitioners, 6 (3): 32.
- Porche, D., Scharalda, J., & Lee, O.D (2009). Determinants of Health: A Framework for Advanced Health Assessment. The Journal of Nurse Practitioners, 6 (3): 226-227.
- Mentorship in the American Assembly Lexington, KT for Men in Nursing; A New Day is Here. American Assembly for Men in Nursing 2010 Annual Conference. 2011
- Men's Health & Nursing Nice France 7th International Conference of International Men's Health Association. 2010.
- Men's Health As A Nursing Specialty Louisiana State University Health Science Center New Orleans. 2010.
- Exploring Men's Communication and Learning Styles: The Influence of Gender and Generational Differences
American Assembly for Men in Nursing. 2009.
- Are You Ready to Teach Loyola University
- Men's Health Lost But Not Forgotten American Assembly for Men in Nursing. 2008.
- Measuring the Political Pulse of the Louisiana Registered Nurse George Mason University Health Policy, Ethics, & Research Institute. 2008.
- Forensics: A Tool to End Violence "One in Four the Men's Program"
Panel Discussion Participant Ochsner Medical Center New Orleans, LA. 2008.
- American Assembly for Men in Nursing Louisiana State University
Health Science Center New Orleans. 2007.
Selected Funded Projects and Research
- Louisiana State University Health Science Center School of Nursing, New Orleans Advanced Education in Nursing HRSA Grant. Educator and team member. 2008-2011.
- George Mason University, VA Policy and Ethic Fellowship and Research Exploring the Political Activism of Louisiana Registered Nurses. Principle Investigator. 2007-2008.
- Louisiana State University Health Science Center School of Nursing, New Orleans Nurse Scientist Mentored Nursing Grant Principle Investigator. 2007-2008.
- American Public Health Association
- American Journal of Men's Health.