RN to BSN Program
Created for the currently licensed Registered Nurse.
The RN to BSN Program is built around your busy life. Our faculty members are here to help. Each student is assigned a dedicated Faculty Coach who offers one-on-one support to navigate all aspects of the program. Our goal is to provide individualized assistance and guidance throughout the admission process, registration of classes, and completion of courses.
- $9,500 Total (U.S. residents): Covers tuition, books, and fees.
- Payable in 3 installments.
- Classes begin in August, January, and June; you choose the most convenient start date.
- Two 8-week terms per Fall and Spring semesters
- One 8-week term during the Summer semester
- Graduate from an accredited associate degree or diploma nursing program
- Possess an unencumbered RN license via the LSBN or the Nurse Licensure Compact
- Have a 2.5 GPA or better to be accepted into the RN to BSN Program
- Earned a “C” or better on all nursing and required prerequisite courses
- All prerequisites must be completed before starting the RN to BSN Program.
- See Curriculum Information for further details.
Step 1: Start the Process
- Submit the Request Information form
- Complete the Curriculum Information form as a self-assessment
Step 2: Advising
How do I get advised?
You will be contacted once your information has been submitted and evaluated. This will allow you the opportunity to ask any additional questions.
Step 3: Application Process/Progression
After being advised, what will I need to do?
- Apply to Southeastern Louisiana University as a Transfer/Returning Student APPLY
- Send your official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to the Office of Admissions
- Complete all prerequisites.
- The 59 hours of PREREQUISITES and the 30 hours of NURSING BLOCK CREDIT must be completed/transferred and approved by the Office of the Registrar before the student is permitted to enroll in any RN to BSN nursing course.
- After the 89 hours (59 + 30) are completed, the student can apply to the RN to BSN Program by emailing email@example.com
Step 4: Official Acceptance
What is required once I am admitted to the Program?
- Develop a plan with your assigned faculty coach
- Complete the 31 hours of Nursing Core Courses at Southeastern
- Maintain a degree GPA of 2.5 or better
- Maintain a GPA of 2.3 or better in the major
- Achieve a “C” or better in each required nursing course
Southeastern has been designated a Military Friendly University. The School of Nursing has won multiple regional and national awards for both quality and value. It also received the Nightingale Award from the Louisiana Nightingale Foundation. The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and the Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Southeastern Louisiana University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).