Registering with SAS

SAS provides disability-related accommodations to students who are qualified and self-identify with the office. Accommodations are modifications within the classroom environment that allow an otherwise qualified student with a disability equal access as to any other non-disabled peer. 

In order to receive accommodations, students must present faculty with proper notification from the Office of Student Accessibility Services. It is the student's responsibility to self-identify with the Office of Student Accessibility Services and to request accommodations each semester. Students may request accommodations at any time during the semester but are strongly encouraged to contact our office as soon as possible when the semester starts as accommodations are not retroactive. 

To qualify to receive services in our office, a student must meet a set of minimum standards. These standards help us to make sure we are providing the most reasonable accommodations for the assurance of equal access. The minimum qualifications are described below. 


Steps to Self Identify

  1. Fill out the New Student Intake Form online. Accommodation requests must be provided in writing.

  2. Upload documentation to the student's Accommodate profile for review. This documentation must be current and substantial in nature. Guidelines for documentation are listed on the "Documentation Guidelines" page.

  3. If the documentation is not sufficient, we will notify the student of what is needed. The student is responsible for the costs of providing any needed documentation. Once we have received all required documentation, the request for accommodations will be reviewed on an individual case-by-case basis.

  4. If documentation is sufficient, we will set up an intake appointment to discuss an accommodation plan. We will also discuss other resources that are available on campus that provide academic assistance. An intake appointment must be completed with an SAS staff member to receive accommodations. 

  5. The student is now registered in the Office of Student Accessibility Services and will begin the process of receiving accommodations every semester.