How Do I Give Departmental Consent for Class Registration?
- Sign In to PeopleSoft Version 9. Remember to use CAPS when entering your User ID.
- Access the Class Permission page by selecting Records and Enrollment > Term Processing > Class Permissions > Class Permissions.
- On the Class Permission page, complete following fields before you do a search:
- Academic Institution: Key in SLULA.
- Term: Key in the Term or click the magnifying glass next to the Term textbox. Click the Lookup button to find the desired term.
- Subject Area: Key in the Subject Area or click the magnifying glass next to the Subject Area textbox. Click the Lookup button to find the desired term.
- Catalog Nbr: Key in the Catalog Nbr.
- Click the Search button, and a results list of the course you specified will appear.
- Click the Course to view course sections. Find the correct Class Section. To view all class sections, Click View All on the Class Sections Data Bar or click to scroll through the class sections.
- Under Class Permission Data, click to Add an additional row if none is available, then key in
student’s ID number in the ID field. If you only want to grant certain permissions, click on the Permissions tab and uncheck the permissions you do not want to grant.
- Ex: If you only wish to override requisites, then you will need to uncheck all other overrides, leaving only the Requisites Not Met checked. This will override pre-requisites only.
- Review the Expiration Date field, and change if desired.
- Click Save. The student may now add the class to his/her schedule.
- Remember to Sign Out of PeopleSoft when you have finished your session.
Things to Remember
- Double-check and make sure you are in the correct class section before giving the student consent.
- The Status column indicates if a student has enrolled in the class