Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems integrate all of an organization’s departments, divisions, lines of business, and geographical locations into a unified enterprise-wide information system.
Southeastern Louisiana University, working collaboratively with the University of New Orleans and Louisiana Tech University, has implemented Workday Human Capitol Management and Workday Financials. We are in the process of implementing Workday Student.
This project will modernize the University’s business processes, data management, and information systems to create opportunities for effective and efficient teaching, research, and service.
For a preview of the system, visit Workday.
Why make a change?
Empowering Southeastern Louisiana University staff with new tools will help the University continue to grow and innovate in a sustainable environment, directing more resources to our core mission.
Reasons for change:
- Need for flexible, configurable systems
- Current, once leading, technologies are out of synch with industry, making it risky to rely on them
- Complex, siloed and outdated business processes impede administrative effectiveness and efficiency
- Increasingly difficult and expensive to integrate systems, add new business functionality and remain updated on best practices
- Need for secure, streamlined and easily accessible institutional data to support strategic decision-making
- Attracting and retaining a talented technical staff to update, maintain and repair our systems has become increasing difficult
- Need for ready access to data and tools for more effective decision making